When you join Australian Shorthorns, you have the significant resources of Australia’s longest-running official organisation specialising in shorthorns at your disposal.
Everyone is welcome to become a member and various classifications of membership are available to meet the requirements of stud breeders, associates, commercial breeders and juniors.
Membership benefits at a glance
* Strong commercial emphasis-
(a) Society a partner with JBS in the Thousand Guineas program; a premium being paid to suppliers for their cattle;
(b) commercial attributes of registered cattle emphasised in Society publications.
* Moderate annual membership fee.
* Availability of two herd books, with different advantages, in which to register cattle.
* Registration of an animal by payment of a single, all of lifetime, fee. No annual inventory fee for breeding females.
* Registration produces traceability.
* Ease of registration – alternative of online and paper registration applications.
* Breedplan available for all cattle registered.
* Provision of Genotyping solutions with Weatherbys Scientific